Friday, July 18, 2008

Apparently Some Chinese People Melt in the Rain

Today, was the first day in a long time that I took the subway to work, normally I walk or ride my bike which happens to be significantly faster. But, because it was raining this morning (which I think has only happened once since I have been in Beijing, makes me think the gov't has something to do with it), I decided I would take the way that would make me least wet and because all the cabs were taken (and when I say that, I mean probably all the cabs in the city), I chose to take my second best option, the subway. I must say the subway is much nicer than when I first arrived in Beijing. The cars are new, they installed a new system for taking tickets and everything seems polished and shiny for the Olympics, even the exits signs have changed, which is kind of a bad thing because they used to have landmarks on them and now they don't, but I am sure that will come back. After noticing that, the next thing I noticed is that I missed my train, actually I noticed all that after I missed my train, but 3 minutes later another one came. I don't know if this is true, but I think they are running more trains, either for the Olympics or because they plan to take a number of cars out of the traffic system or because of both.

Anyway, the reason I think Chinese people might melt in the rain is because after getting to my stop. I go to exit and there is a long mass of people at the end of the stairway, blocking everyone who is trying to exit and get to work. They are all just standing there under the awning, trying not to get rained on, as if the rain touches them they will melt. This has lead me to the conclusion that there is just to many damn people in this city and I am glad that they got rid of half the expat population here. Now they just need to get rid of these Chinese people who melt in the rain and block traffic flow. My suggestion is that they throw them in one of the rivers around Beijing. If they don't melt by the water, they will be eaten alive by the mosquitoes or the toxins that make the rivers bright green. But then again maybe these people are smart not going out in the rain, who knows whats coming down in that stuff.

1 comment:

Claire Gregg said...

I quote "I am glad that they got rid of half the expat population here."

Charming!!

Glad to see your blog is still as full of rubbish (and terrible grammar and spelling) as always.