Monday, July 30, 2012

The exciting conclusion to solar oven cookies

The solar oven cookies were not quite a success, meaning that they were a complete and utter failure. One of things that I realized that you need for a successful solar oven is a Doppler radar system, because clouds come out of nowhere in this city. My early prediction of clear skies was wrong and by 11am on last Monday, clouds completely covered the sky. So the cookies only got to the ambient temperature by the time I got home from work, and were still gooey and tasted like styrofoam (a taste that may exist in whatever we try to bake in the future, we need to do more experimenting). But before the summer ends, I am determined to cook something to completion. I think I am going to try something simple next, like trying to toast something or melt some cheese or a M&M (the hard shell may be too much for the oven). 

No comments: