Saturday, September 29, 2012

Being Japanese is not a good idea right now

Last week or the week before that. I don't remember any more. Japan pissed of a lot of people in China and made traveling around where I live annoying because I don't live far from the Japanese embassy. Here are some pictures of the Chinese army setting up a blockade so that protesters could not destroy the embassy. While setting up the blockade they made getting to dinner around lucky street impossible. Thanks for ruining my dinner plans Japan. The later pictures are of a Japanese restaurant on lucky street that had to put up signs saying that the diaoyu islands belonged to China. A lot protesters were harassing restaurant owners on lucky street because there are several Japanese restaurants there as it is close to the Japanese embassy. They even harassed owners of the Italian restaurant along the street.

I didn't take pictures of this but people where harassing the Japanese residents that live in the compounds next to lucky street. It was not a good week to be Japanese anything in China. Good thing I don't look too Japanese.







No comments: