Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year From The Big Dumpling

I was so sick for New Years, but because I didn't want to be alone. I sucked it up and meet my friends at Q Bar, which probably my favorite bar in Beijing. But lucky for my half my friends were sick also. I would say a good fifty percent of the people in this picture were sick. Thank god for Dayquil it helped me get through the night. Today, I feel a lot better. I think it was the Dayquil and the classic but goody drink had at the club. Maybe you don't remember this, but I am pretty sure that is why I feel better today, but I had a greentea and whiskey last night. And it was just as good as I remember. I am pretty sure the whiskey helped bring out the antioxidants. I think green tea and whiskey is the best thing for a cold. New Years was funny. I am pretty sure everyone had a good time. At least from the pictures everyone had a good time. And I have to say, my beard looks so good. I don't care what my hater roommate says, my beard looks amazing. But what is really amazing is the amount of drunk people from this night, I think half the girls ended up throwing up. I guess they just can't handle there liquor.

I am pretty sure that being sick in Beijing is worse than being sick anywhere in the world. It is so dry here it makes your nose hurt. And the pollution doesn't help either.

My New Years Resolutions:

Increase my political influence (ways to increase my political influence: bring a government to Belgium, start my track to become president, bring peace to Darfur)

Increase my wealth (sell my blog to the wall street journal or newsweek or time, start my own hegde fund or private equity firm, or just finally sell some coal)

Become healthier (start working out once a month)

Do one of things I have been meaning to do (learn Spanish, go to South America, learn to play the harmonica, get people to stop calling me gay)

Chinese New Years would have been a little better if I knew where to go to see the fireworks. But having said that the count down was fun and being with my friends was good even though I was hella sick. There was only one missing from the group, too bad he went home.

And I leave you with a picture of the fellas.



Highlight of the Day:Waking up and feeling a little better

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't grow a beard, son. So stop trying.