Saturday, January 29, 2005

Am I Old?

Today was really cold or I am getting old, it was so cold today that my ankles and knees hurt. I felt like my dad, gimping around today. If I was smart I would buy long johns like everyone else, but I am not. So I will just have to walk around like my dad for awhile. Today was hella cold, but it was still hella fun. I woke up early to play basketball with some of the Chinese roommates. They are actually a lot better than you would think. But anyway we played outside, I thought that my hands were going to fall off. Every time I caught the ball it hurt. The Chinese roommates seemed to not be effected by it at all. It was like they were playing in the summer time. It was amazing. But after playing ball, I can back to CET and went with my roommate and Cahill to Gu Gong (The Forbidden City). It actually is not forbidden anymore that is why I was able to go. So the English name really doesn’t do it justice. It was a pretty interesting place. It is where the emperor used to live. We got to see all the places he got to make speeches and where all is mistresses lived. I would not have mind being one of his mistresses because from the looks of things they lived the good life. Overall, the trip was pretty good, the only thing that was killing me was the cold.
An interesting thing about the weather here is that sometimes there is this fog haze stuff in the sky. The Chinese roommates call it fog, but to me and the rest of the American students, it looks like pollution. I have never seen a fog that lasted all day before and stayed that high in the sky. But hay, maybe China has different type of special fog. I call it pollution, but who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stop bein a lil bia bia.

James