Thursday, March 31, 2005

ryan should stop reading my blogs over my shoulder

i recently heard that every english class taught by foreigners at the school here has one student who isn't really a student but rather a communist spy put there to make sure that the teacher doesn't teach any subversive topics. they even tell the teacher this. and no, i am not making this up. we now suspect that one of our roommates is also serving the same purpose. in fact we are fairly certain. we are currently organizing an internal affairs task force to weed him/her out. ok, that last part i made up.

several students we know are members of the communist party, including tyler's roommate (since high school) and clark's roommate (since a few weeks ago or so). hopefully it won't have much of an affect on clark, though he has been looking a little pinker lately. maybe it's just the affect of today's sun on his fair new jersey skin.

my roommate just taught me how to play chinese chess, surprisingly fun. there's one piece that can jump across the entire board. after teaching me, he immediately kicked my ass in a game. so i did what any reasonable person would do: taught durrell how to play, then schooled him. twice. though to be fair the games were pretty close. i'm also learning how to play good ole weiqi, otherwise known as Go, otherwise know as that game with all the black and white stones.

the plan stands to head down to guilin for spring break, which starts on the eigth. so far just me and durrell, but others may canjia as we say over here in china. check for updates soon. in other news, no pictures this time around, mostly because i'm lazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have been quoted on my blog - you actually scared me for a second;)