Wednesday, March 16, 2005

we have a winner!

and the winner is...arlen! in response to my last post about "bumf" he came up with this explanation:

"according to the internet, bumf is british military slang for
annoyingly pointless bureaucratic paperwork that you might as well
wipe you ass with. bumf started out as bum fodder but was eventually
shortend to bumf and adopted to mean either toilet paper or useless
paperwork. i'm not really sure how widely used this is."

good enough for me.

durrell's post is by and large correct. this weekend was great fun, even though it was freakin cold which exacerbated my already starting cold, so that i was good and sick for when my family came to visit. but i nevertheless perserved, partly by skipping class and spending time with them. anyhoo, i would like to point out that i was in the group in front of durrell when we went hiking. our program's organizer was our leader, and he basically just decided to head off into the woods. there wasn't a trail anyway. we ended up climbing up this gorge. it was seriously dangerous stuff, but fun. i haven't seen durrell's pictures but i'm sure they capture the scenery. here are some others.



me reenacting hitting my head on the five-foot doorway.



luke using the facilities china nong cun style, while a tour group wanders around overhead, oblivious to his indescretion.

p.s. durrell is trying to use some ridiculous scrolling picture thing. can anyone tell me if that actually works? send me a screenshot or something. i want to make sure it's not messing up my beautiful blog.

No comments: