Monday, March 07, 2005

We Finally Did It!!!!!

It took some hard nose journalism, epic stories, two fantastic writers, and a simple application, but we finally did it. We finally made the http://sinosplice.com/cbl/ list. I would first like to thank Clark for all his hard work and contributions to the blog. Clark with out you none of this could have been possible. Next, I would like to thank Golze, with out you censoring our blogs like you are the Communist Party, I don’t think that we would have a chance to make the list. Next, I would like to thank all our fans across the globe that actually read this blog. I would like to thank the Red Headed Russians, The Hawaiian Japanese Kid, and The not so Holy Nuns in London, you are the reason we blog. Oh and everyone in the U.S. thanks too.

So now to the important stuff, what did Ma Du do this weekend? Well, on Saturday, Ma Du went to the small town of Wu Zhen in the Zhe Jiang Province. It is only like an hour and a half from Hangzhou. It is a small town with an old school Chinese feel. Originally, the plan was for me to go by myself but then Joy, Jamie, Clark, and Cahill decide to invite themselves to come a long with me, which was cool because I don’t think it would have been as fun by myself.

Wu Zhen is most famous for its ahh…..for its old school look and the canal that runs through it. I have never been to Venice but I am sure that this town with its single canal way is nothing like it but it was still a pretty cool town anyway. We saw a lot of things for example, for example, oh we saw a puppet show and we saw the place where they probably make the grossest liquor in the world. It was some type of Bai Jiu. I know it was gross because I took a free sample and all most died. Oh, know I remember, Wu Zhen is famous for its blue dyed cloth with flowers on it. I don’t know how to example it, but maybe when Clark writes his blog he will be able to explain it better. However, the cloth is supposed be really special and when people come to Wu Zhen they always buy something made from this cloth. I don’t know how to explain this place better but tomorrow I am supposed to be getting internet in my room and I will be able to post pictures of the place so that you can see how flippin awesome it was.

On Sunday, Ma Du went mountain climbing or he thought he was going to go mountain climbing. In Chinese the world for mountain is “Shan”, it also happens to be the word for hill. I did not know that until yesterday when I got to this supposed mountain that I was supposed to be climbing. So on Sunday some of the Chinese roommates invited me to go mountain climbing, but actually all we really did was walk up a hill. It was pretty cool because the hill had some good views of Hangzhou and this ancient cave with some interesting statues on the inside. The hike was very peace and soothing it was good to get away the campus and go to a more scenic area. The hike was also fun because I was the only American. Being the only American was actually fun because it made me use my Chinese and made me realize that when I speak, sometimes, only sometimes, Chinese people understand what the hell I am saying. And that is flippin sweet.

Today, I didn’t do anything special except finally talk to Golze for the first time in like forever. We had a nice friendly chat on the “Yu Mao Qiu” Court (Yu Mao Qiu is Chinese Tennis, you hit a bird over a net with two sticks). We had a come of epic matches. They were all close. The last match was especially close it could have been anyone’s game, but because of a few key errors, Golze ended up being victorious. That’s ok because next time he is going down.

Oh, the best thing that has happened to me since I have been in Hangzhou is that I found what could be the world’s best Chinese restaurant in all of the whole world and it might even be the greatest Chinese restaurant ever place in the whole world, really. I ate there four times last week. I just have to say it is damn good. And all of those who didn’t say happy birthday to Golze you should because last week was his birthday. How do I know? Because we celebrated his birthday at the world’s best Chinese restaurant in the entire whole world and it might even be the greatest Chinese restaurant ever place in the whole world, really. Oh, this is the actually name of the restaurant when you translate it in to English.

Well, that is all that I have been up to and to all those who care, I have change my number and this is my new number 1-373-813-1315.

And everyone remember, the grammar and sentence structure of this blog has been change to protect the illiterate.

No comments: