Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Can't Believe I Just Saw a World Record

It hit me yesterday that I am at the Olympics. I am at the fucking Olympics. I remember as a kid watching the Olympics on tv and think one day I hoped to see it. And I am actually seeing it, I am actually seeing the Olympics. On August 16th, I saw the 100 meter men's track final, to me what is the most exciting event in all of the Olympics (although watching Michael Phelps get 8 golds was probably really exciting too, he is by far the best athlete in the world right now). Anyway, the other events that I saw last night were cool, the heptathlon final was pretty cool, but nothing beat watching the men's 100m final. I can't believe I saw a world record last night, wild, so wild. I feel like right now this is all a dream and I am going to wake up soon.



Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday and came out to celebrate it with me. It has been a great birthday so far.

Highlight of the Day: Knowing that I watched 100m final last night and I might see more world records today.

No comments: