Friday, August 08, 2008

Olympocalypse Now

After reading Golze's most recent blog post, I think this will be a good juxtaposition. The day has finally arrived, 8/8/08, Olympic Opening Ceremony. It doesn't start until 8pm tonight so they still have time to clean up the skies, but as of this morning and now, it doesn't look like there will be bright blue skies for day one of the Olympics. I don't know about you, but I think BOCOG fell short of there goal of clear skies for the opening ceremony. I thought for sure they would make it rain last night, to guarantee clear skies today. But I guess BOCOG was just like F it, this is Beijing, if you don't like it, go home and if you can't go home, deal with it. I am eager to see if they bring in wind blowing machines to get rid of the pollution before tonight, that is their last real hope for some kind of cleanliness in the air. To be fair, the above picture is the view if you look to the southwest but if you look to directly east its not so bad, the below picture is a directly eastern view.
Tonight, we are going to Chaoyang park to watch the Opening ceremony on the big screen, like most of our recent adventures it will probably involve rum, Chinese people, expats, and Charly. I will let you know how it turns out. It will probably consist of Golze saying fuck you a lot, and a trip to Saddle, like all great nights.

No comments: