Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympocalypse Now Redux

The night went off much better than expected. Although, we didn't go to our originally planned destination, Chaoyang Park, our back up place was just as good; we ended up going to Workers Stadium for some rum and fun. Here is a slide show that illustrates better than words, our good time.



The opening ceremony was actually kind of hard to see on the TV, but the atmosphere was still great. All I have to say is that we are definitely on the cover of some sectional front pages of newspapers somewhere in the world, if not THE front page. Here is a video that explain better why.



After showing our China love, there were many Chinese people thanking us. What can I say, we know how to rally the troops.

Even though the night ended early for me, it didn't end so early for Golze. I asked him later what he end up doing. And just as I predicted he ended up at Saddle, and although I didn't ask this question, I am sure he was dropping a lot of fuck yous, which means like I said, it was a great night.

Highlight of the Day: Getting free tickets to go see Olympic boxing. Some of it was boring and some of it was good. One of the best fights to watch in my mind was between the Chinese guy and Tunisia. It wasn't good because of their boxing abilities, because they were the worse boxers there that day. Like I might have been able to beat them, but it was good because the Chinese people were so excited by the Chinese guy. The other good fights both featured Ghanaians, one was the African champion, and knocked his opponent out, it was the only knockout of the day i think, but we missed the first two fights. The other Ghanaian was good because he was getting rocked in the first two rounds and started to battle back in the last two, it got me on the edge of my seat. All the other fights were kind of on the boring side, but it gave Golze and I an opportunity to scout out who we might see in the semi-finals, because we have tickets for that. And oh yeah, there was an American today too, it gave me the opportunity to bust out my US flag, we didn't go as crazy as last night.



Another highlight was meeting James, US Olympian friend, who is competing in the triple jump. She is the one who hooked us up with all the track final tickets. I think I got her lost in a taxi cab today, so she will probably never speak to me again. Hey, at least I already got the tickets.

1 comment:

Ben said...

"not in a gay way just in a 'hey, man, i wanted to say that you're looking OK' way"