Thursday, February 03, 2005

Are you serious

I have great news, everyday my la duzi is getting better and better. Even my appetite has increased a lot. In no time I will be able to gain back all those pounds I lost. Pretty soon my belly will be as big as my dad’s.

On an unrelated topic, something in China that I have seen quite often and I think I will never be able to get used to are kids on the street doing Da Bian (dropping a duce). It is the weirdest thing. All of a sudden you will be walking and there will this kid right in front of you doing Da Bian. The little kids here wear split pants; those are pants with big splits in the back, just for this purpose. I guess Huggies are too expensive or something. And one thing I don’t understand is how do these little kids, literally, not freeze their butts off with those big splits in the back of their pants. Because I have no holes in my clothes and I am freezing whenever I go outside. Even though this is weird, I have seen an even weirder version of this scenario. I was walking. Not really paying attention to what I was doing. When suddenly I almost bump into this little kid. She was squatting over a newspaper in the middle of the street. And I thought who she is paper-trained. They paper train kids here like they are dogs. I could not believe it. But thinking back, if you can train a little kid to use the bathroom on a newspaper, why can’t you train them to use the bathroom on the toilet? This is a conundrum. I guess it comes down to an old ancient Chinese proverb, “one newspaper equals a hundred toilets”.

This experience with these little kid reminds me of my friend, Caitlin. What's up Caitlin this is your shot out.

Well, so what have I been up to? I guess the answer to that question is absolutely nothing. I tried to see Mao Ze Dong’s body but the place was closed. If you don’t know who Mao Ze Dong is, you need to read a book. But today I plan to go see the body again. I report on how it looks when I come back.

This is Ma Du from China. Over and out.

No comments: