Thursday, February 03, 2005

My Own Introduction (even though it is pretty late and I hope that you all already know me and stuff)

I have just finished reading the introduction to this blog and it fails to mention the most important person participating in these blogs, namely me. Since the two jerkfaces that started this blog did not invite me to blog with them until we reached China, I happen to not be in the introduction. So this is my introduction. The most interesting thing about the introduction, is that Clark fails to mention the real reason that he began to study Chinese. But before I tell this story, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Ma Du and those other guys will be with me in China for most of my time here. Okay, enough with the intro. And back to why Clark began to study Chinese.

I have known Clark since freshmen year of college. Unfortunately, we were paired up to be roommates freshman year. But since I can deal with any situation that I am put in I made the best of it and it worked out fine. So after we have gone through all the orientation and all the coming into college introduction stuff, it is time to finally chose classes. Clark has no idea what he wants to do, he is freaking out. He starts doing the normal Clark thing and making lists and drawing maps and basically trying to plan out his whole life by the first four classes he takes in college. Clark is like a scared little rabbit. I swear he was about to wet his pants. But anyway, I tell Clark hey I think I am going to take Chinese and I think I am probably going to be a IP&E major. The next thing I know, Clark is like hey, “I want to do that too. He is like Ma Du, your so cool, I am so glad you are my roommate. From now on whatever you do, I am doing to do too.” And the rest is history. He is now studying aboard with me in Beijing and Hangzhou and also has the same major as me. But would I say that Clark’s a follower. I don’t know but I think I would say vote Pedro for president.

No comments: