Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My unforgettable, forgotten cab ride on Valentines Day.

I have only woken up drunk twice in my life and both times have been in China. And after last night I don’t think I am ever going to drunk again in my life, especially since Golze tried to kill me through alcohol poisoning. I am almost positive that Golze was trying to kill, I am not completely sure but nobody keeps feeding somebody that much alcohol unless they are trying to kill them. But before I get into how Golze tried to end my life. I have other things to write about.

So yesterday, I got back in to Beijing at 6:30 and the best thing happened too me. It was probably the first time ever that me being a minority has paid off. And it was freaking sweet. So after taking getting off the train Joy and I take a bus back to the school and because we have to our big backpacks with us we have to put them in the seat next to us. We get on the bus and have to buy tickets, I only have to buy on ticket, but Joy on the other hand has to buy two because the lady said that here bag was to big and taking up to much space. She didn’t even care about my bag. I thought this was the funniest thing ever. Joy was so unhappy about the situation. So I guess, the Chinese people thinking that I don’t look American has paid off.

After the bus ride we just went back to the school and slept because we were so tired. But after waking up and eating, Golze invited me and so other people to go out to a Chinese Punk Rock Concert at the “Shenme Ba” (The What Bar), which is about the size of a Battell dorm. Generally, I am not a fan of the Punk Rock but since I didn’t have anything better to do I went with him. But before we went to the Concert Golze had the bright idea of buying some “Bai Jiu” (it is the worst alcohol in the whole world, and the Chinese people love it) and two beers each. So before the Concert we shared a small bottle of Bai Jiu and had two beers each. By the time I Got to The Shenme Ba I had a nice buzz going. Even though the Shenme Ba was small it was still a pretty cool place. And the punk rock music was not bad even though they didn’t have their own drummer. Because they didn’t have their own drummer they invited every foreign they could to play the drums. So one of my class mates volunteered to play with them. She has no idea how to play the drums. But even though she had no idea how to play she still did a really good job. Maybe it is because Punk Rock music is not that complicated, I don’t really know why she did so well. But after she played three songs. This English guy comes out of no where and starts playing with the Chinese Punk Rockers. And he was hella good. But as the concert is going on Golze suggest to buy more drinks. He tells about this drink that is supposed to be really good, it is green tea and whisky. Unfortunately, the bar tenders had never heard of this drink so they let us make it ourselves. I have never tried and Golze had only had it once. Thus, we have no idea how to really make and how to make so it taste good. So we partially make the first one and Golze takes the first taste and says there is not enough whisky in it. Obviously, I trust what he says because is the only one who had this before. So when we are done making this drink we go back and sit down, and I take my first taste of this drink. It is the strongest drink ever made in the whole world. All you can taste is the alcohol. But like a trooper I drink all down. Then Golze goes and buys us some more drinks, this time he gets a gin and tonic. That has to be the gross old person drink ever in the history of the whole world. But I drank almost all of it before I passed it along. So at the Shenme Ba we meet some other foreigners and they invite us to go with them to some other bar. But before we go Golze suggest buying another small bottle of Bai Jiu. So we get the bottle of Bai Jiu and some Skittles to put in the Bai Jiu. He was idea to put the Skittles in the Bai Jiu to make it taste better. Hey, I was drunk at that point and it seemed like a good idea at the time. But let me tell you the Skittles did not make the Bai Jiu taste better at all. But when the bottle was finished it was nice to suck on some sweet hard Skittles. So at this next bar that we went, I think it was called the Black Sun bar but I am not to sure because I am really drunk at this point, so we sit down and the foreigners we are with buy us some shots. So we spend so time at this bar, I have no idea how much time. Time does not exist to me at this point. But since I didn’t want to drink anymore, I spent some time playing darts against this Chinese guy. I have to say I killed his “Pi Gu” (Butt). All those nights playing darts in Lacey and Matt Powers suit finally paid off. So after sometime we leave the bar, and get into a cab. And I get in to the front seat. Normally, the person who sits in the front is supposed to tell the taxi driver how to get back to the school. So spit out some words in Chinese on how to get back, whether or not he understood me, I am still not clear about. But some how the taxi driver takes us the front gate of the school. And this definitely not where I told him to go in Chinese. And I know Golze didn’t tell him how to get back because he was in the back sleeping and I was in the front in my own little world. So maybe Joy and Courtney told the taxi driver how to get back or maybe I did at some point. It is all unclear. But after getting out of the taxi, I did not say bye to anyone, all I did was go back to my room.

So today for some odd reason, even though this was my idea from yesterday, everyone wakes up around 10 a.m. and decides they want to go to the American breakfast place. I am still a sleep when the all decide that 10 a.m. is the best time to go. But like idiots, they wake me up and drag me along. I am not very happy that they changed my plan for two reasons. First the plan was when I woke up on my own free will we would go to American breakfast, and two I woke up still drunk. So I was in a very bad mode waking up this more. But even though I woke up in a bad mood, I am still glad they dragged me along because I love and miss American breakfast so much. So much. And I must say while I am writing this blog I am still a little drunk and it has been really really hard to write this. I keep losing my train of thought while I am writing. But now I am finally done writing so I am going to go to DQ and get some ice cream and crawl back into bed and pass out for the rest of my life.

This the part of the blog where I give shot outs to me friends.

I would like to say Happy Birthday to a couple of good friends:
Happy Birthday B.G.E. don’t drink to much for the 21
Happy 21 also to Julie, I am glad that your birthday went so well
Happy 21st Birthday to Skip too, keep up the good djing work and continue to hold down DMC.

And to all the DMC crew continue to make this semester the best one ever, so when I come back we can continue to do big things.

And to all the Nuns, continue to do the Nun thing, I really don’t know what you guys do, but continue to keep doing what you are doing. And bring me back something cool from London, I want something like the 6 off of Big Ben. The real 6.

And to Ann, I did put those pictures on your door. Hahahahaha.

To everyone you guys don’t need to worry about me because I am obviously smarter than the average bear.

Oh, yeah and the last entry to my Long March blog is coming soon. It will be coming out on February 16th, 2005.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey
Check my website, there are some pictures... i'm french, i was in the "what bar" the night of the punk rock show... the show was really bad, but the evening was pretty nice ! :) I remember guys who wanted to drink whiskey with tea, we even told you it was going to be really disgusting !
http://mgosset.free.fr/chine/dams/images/Beijing-2005-1118.jpg
http://mgosset.free.fr/chine/dams/images/Beijing-2005-1115.jpg