Monday, February 21, 2005

he Friend of Your Enemy Is Not Your Friend, But Your Enemy

The title of this blog has been learned the hard way but at least it has finally been learned. This is about the part of the trip that Golze did not mention in his blog.

So sometime last week we left for Hangzhou, I didn’t remember the date but Golze has it in his blog. But if you really want to know when we got here, I have been here for 4 days now. You do the math. On the day that we left Beijing for Hangzhou there was just 11 of us. But it seemed like we had luggage that would have been suitable for about 23 of us. Personally I packed light for my trip to China, I packed enough that I could live out of one large backpack for several days. The only luggage I had for the trip to Hangzhou was my large backpack and to really small over the shoulder bags. All the stuff I had with me, I could carry myself. And for the most part the 11 of us who were going to Hangzhou on the train with me packed enough that they could carry their stuff themselves. However, not all the people who are here at Hangzhou came on the train with us, they chose to come from other places around china. And because these, for lack of a better clean word, jerkfaces do not know how to pack for a trip, they left half of their crap in Beijing and graciously giving us the duty to trains port their crap across china for them. And these people left huge ass suitcases for us to carry for them. They left more shit than I brought myself. I am not going to drop any names, but these are the most inconsiderate people I have ever came across. First because they left huge amounts of there crap for people to carry and secondly I have not gotten one thank you from anyone of these people. But moving on, because they left all their crap we had to carry it for them, something I was not going to do when I found out I had to do this. But unfortunately, their was a lot more bags than people so I was forced to transport one of Tixo’s heavy ass bags, but I am not going to drop any names. Putting all the bags on the bus to the train station was not hard. What was hard going up the stairs to the bridge that was the only way to cross the street. For some reason the bus driver could not park on the other side of the street where the train station was situated. I have also noticed that ever time I go somewhere in China stairs become a problem, Chinese stairs and me do not get along. So after negotiating the bridge stairs there are the stairs that lead to the train that we have get through. But before that Golze almost got killed but I will let him tell that story at his own leisure. So these stairs are a straight drop to the train. There was a time when I thought the bag that I was pulling was going to get away from me and smash all the little Chinese people below. It would have taken out like ten of them. It was a pretty big bag and these were pretty small people. But luckily I had no problems, but some of my classmates were not so lucky and either fall down the stairs or lost some bags or both. Once we finally go to the train we had to find places to put all of our stuff and all the other people’s stuff who did not come on the train with us. We ended up making a pretty cool fort in one of the “Ying Wo” (soft sleeper) areas that we had. It reminded me of my childhood days. There was so many bags that two people ended up having to share a bed for the 16 hour train ride, poor Joy and Jamie. But whatever, it wasn’t me sharing with someone, and that is all that matters. So to make a long story short we ended up having to carry all these people’s shit, who are ungrateful jerkfaces. And I also almost killed Golze with a bag that got away from me at the end of this trip. But lucky for him he was pulling two other bags that were not his, they slowed the runaway bag down and he didn’t die going down the stairs. But he was not pleased and gave me “The Golze Stare”. I thought he was going to kill with his eyes; it is a pretty scary stare.

So now we are in Hangzhou and it is really different from Beijing. The first thing that you notice coming here is that you are in a never-ending state of cold because all the hit systems if they have it suck. My room has the hit on full blast but it still is like 50 degrees in there. Another thing that is different is the food. It definitely has a different flavor, but hey in the end it is all Chinese food. Also another big difference is the way people talk here. They definitely use different words and have an accent that many of us are not used to. Sometime it is hard to understand them.

On note that is totally unrelated to anything remotely important, I am really feeling Usher’s music right now. It is probably because before today I only had a total of three CDs in China two being Usher’s (8701 and Confessions) and the other being a Chinese rapper’s CD that I cannot understand to save my life. Even though I don’t understand him it is still hot. He is like a mix of….of…. well he is not really a mix of anyone in the states, but it is still hot. But right now I am really feeling his Confessions CD, especially the song "Throwback". I don't that song is just speaking to me and so is the rest of the CD. Well, I am tired of writing about absolutely nothing so I am done with this blog and the blog about my trip is coming soon. Whenever this stupid computer let’s me access it and finish writing it.

And to all those that expect to talk to me on AIM, there is no AIM where I am in China. So you are going to have to talk to me the old fashion way, e-mail. Sorry.

No comments: