Sunday, May 15, 2005

Getting Jiggy With It

I don’t know if people still say that, I haven't been in The States in a while, but Friday night is the most fun I have had in Hangzhou in a long time. The started off with us going to a restaurant called, 外婆家 (Wai Po Jia, which means Grandma’s Kitchen). It reminded me of one of those posh upscale restaurants in downtown Seattle. They only difference between外婆家 and one of those posh upscale restaurants in downtown Seattle is that this restaurant happened to be in China and filled with what seemed to be millions of Chinese people. Apparently, it is one of the most popular restaurants in Hangzhou. It is probably the best restaurant that I have been to since I have been in China for about three reasons. One, it is by far the cleanest restaurant I have been to since I have been here, much cleaner than the restaurants behind the school (pictures of them coming soon). Two, the food was really good, maybe not the best food I have had but still good. And three it was cheap. How Cheap? Cheap as hell. I give very few recommendations in this blog, but if you are ever in Hangzhou you should definitely eat at this place.

After dinner, because our stomachs were full it was time to do the Kanye West workout plan. We all got right and hit up the club. The club we went to is called Casablanca, and it was crackin’. Since, I have been here I have not been able to find a bar that plays hip hop music. So a few months I gave up on the idea and stopped going to the bars. But last week this magazine was delivered to our rooms with all the hot things to do in Hangzhou. So, we all decided to go to Casablanca, to see what that be like. And this was one of the rare times that we actually got to get some of the Chinese roommates to go with us. So that made it a little more crackin. Because my roommate and his friend came out with us, I decided to treat them to some American drinks that taste much better than that rocket fuel they drink called Bai Jiu. I bought them some Long Island Ice Teas. They didn’t believe me when I said there was alcohol in it. When your used to drink Bai Jui, everything else taste like Cool Aid. I really lost my train of thought right now. So let’s go back to the beginning. The club was crackin’. And here is why, one, we got the Chinese roommates to go out with and teaching them to dance to hip hop music is hella fun. Especially, because they don’t have that much rhythm, it is kinda like trying to teach Clark to dance or something. Actually, no, no it isn’t they all had much more rhythm than Clark. Two, their was actually other people in the club that knew how to dance. I was like what, and there was actually a random Chinese girl in the club that knew how to dance, working her body like a snake. Another reason why it was cracking, was probably because I was getting right on shots of Bacardi. Bacardi always makes the party a little bit more fun. And the other reason why the club was crackin’, I forgot, probably because of the Bacardi shots, alcohol does that to you sometimes.

Saturday morning started off great because I was supposed to catch a bus at 8 am. But because on Friday night coming home late from bar, I set my alarm clock for 6pm instead of 6am, I ended up missing my bus and sleeping through Saturday morning. But it was still a great morning filled with drunken sleep. Even though, my Saturday morning was a good one, my Saturday afternoon didn’t start off so great. I woke up at about 1 pm to find one of my friends in my room bored, wanting to go out. So after taking a shower and getting dressed we were on our way to go out and have fun. On our way to the bus stop, saw a group of people standing in front of the cafeteria, around police tape. Because a group of people and police tap arouses one’s curiosity, we decided to get a closer look and find out what happened. Once we pushed our way to the front we come to see a big pool of blood in front of the stairs leading to the second floor cafeteria. So, I just thought that some one slipped on banana and fell down the stairs. But I was way off, I come to find out that an hour or two earlier some guy stabbed his girlfriend to death. I never thought that this kind of thing would happen here on this college campus. Seeing something like that brought me back to earth and made me realize that I need to be more cautious while I am here. But other than that, the day went well. That night my friend Ye Zhu took my roommate, me, and my roommate’s original roommates out to dinner, we all got to meet Ye Zhu’s girlfriend. And that was Saturday.

And today is Sunday, and the most that I have done today is write this blog. I need to go out and do something besides this, so I am out.

Oh, and can someone please tell Clark that eggplant flavored condoms isn’t as good of an idea as it sounds?

No comments: