Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Head of The Class

Today, my friend Shan Ji sang the song I taught him. And I must say that he sang the song very well. When he was singing the song it sounded like he could believe that he could fly, but when the teacher asked him, what the title of the song was he said I believe I can fry. But whatever he did a good job singing the song. Before, I can to watch Shan Ji sing the song that I taught him, Shan Ji suddenly told me that the teacher of the class wanted me to make a presentation about American popular music. This was kind of hard because I have not been in the States for 5 months now, and I have no idea who is hot now. So I gave an introduction of some of my favorites; Usher, 50, R. Kelly, and of course 2pac. I told them all about why R. Kelly’s songs are popular. If you don’t know it’s because they are all about sex and they can get the mood right. I also told them that 50’s newest song, Candy Shop, was not actually about eating candy, this made them a little surprised. I think that with the introduction of R. Kelly and 50 the think that American’s only like to hear songs about sex. All the might think that because I said. Of, boy the way, even though this was an English class I was saying this all in Chinese. Yes, thank you, thank you, I will pop my only collar. But after the introducing 50, R. Kelly, and Usher and his recent songs about heart break, I ended with 2pac. You might not think this is true, but I let them know that 2pac has probably the biggest impact on music in the last twenty years. It was interesting talking with them, they told me why English is hard and what they thought was the biggest difference between American College and Chinese College. I let them know that the American College nightlife culture is little more fun than China’s. Basically, I told them all American College students do is drink. The seemed to already know that though. It was kind of fun sitting up in front of the class like was the teacher or even something more important than that, like a stripper or something. All eyes were on me.

After, the class was over I went to dinner with some of my Chinese friends and got drunk with them in celebration of My pimp Chinese friend Xiao Xiong. I never met a bigger pimp than Xiao Xiong. He had his girl and some work on the side sleeping in the same room and didn’t even get caught up. He is my hero. He also told his side work that he already had a girl, and she didn’t even care. His G is tight.

Well that’s all for today. Get at me.
I would like to congratulate my boy on his newfound mouthpiece and wish him good look on the biggest date of his life.

No comments: