Monday, May 09, 2005

It’s Been So Long, But The Kid Is Back

It has been a while since I last wrote, and in that time a lot of interesting stuff has happened, but to talk about that all I would have to write for hella long. So I will just talk about stuff I didn’t take pictures of.

But first and foremost I would like to say Happy Mother’s Day to all those mothers out there. Nuns’ keep taking care of all your kids out there.

So a couple of weeks ago, one of Chinese friends (Shan Ji) wanted me to teach him how to sing a Song in English. At first he wanted me to teach him how to sing a Linkin’ Park song, but that was too hard because all their songs are too fast or have two people sing at the same time. Next, I was going to teach him one of Usher’s songs but that was also to hard because Usher’s voice range is too high or his songs have too many words that don’t repeat themselves. So then, I decided hey, an R. Kelly song would be perfect. At first, I was going to suggest “Bump N’ Grind” or “Feelin On Your Booty”. But then I thought that would not be appropriate for his English class. But feeling I found the perfect song, “I Believe I can Fly.” Because I am not the best singer in the world teaching how to sing was hard at first but then I got the hang of it. And After a while he learned all the words and was singing almost as good as R. Kelly. He just had one problem though. I don’t know if you have seen Team America, the puppet movie by the South Park people. But anyway in the movie they have this part where the N. Korean Dictator sings “I feel so lonely,” except it sounds more like “I feer so ronery,” While my friend had the same problem, When he got to the “I Believe I Can Fly part, it sounded more like “I believe I Can Fry.” I tried to help and correct him but every time I corrected him, he kept saying fry so I was like close enough. He said his teacher was Chinese, and probably couldn’t tell the difference either.

The other thing that happened a couple weeks ago, was walking a long round Xi Hu with one of my friends and all of a sudden this flower lady came out of no where and tried to sell these roses. I was like I am cool, I don’t want none thanks, but she started to get real aggressive and grabbing me and throwing the roses in my face and stuff. I didn’t know what to do, but all of a sudden this under cover something. I don’t know if he was an undercover cop or something like an undercover cop but he came out of know where and saved me. He had some type badge that he flashed and I don’t know what he was doing there, I guess it was G-14 classified. But anyway the undercover and the flower lady started arguing about something in Chinese. While, they were arguing I slipped away just in class the flower lady started to try and sell me flowers again, because I had no clue what was really going on.

The last interesting, thing that has happened of some type of interest, happened like two weeks ago, for a class field trip, my class went to a middle school and got to listen to some of the classes and talk with the students. The first class that we went to was a first grade class. Those kids where intense, they all sat up straight with their hands together and really respected that teacher. And the stuff that they study was pretty hard, and they all spoke better Chinese them me. Half of the class I had no idea what was going on, expect apparently during different seasons the sun changes color. I am not sure why, I really could not understand the rest but in short those little kids where impressive. After talking with the first graders we got to talk with so sixth graders and ask them questions in English and Chinese. I would use Chinese when they could not understand my English. Apparently from what they said and what my roommate has said my English is hard to understand. So I guess, that I am really not good at any language. But anyway, talking with the kids was hard at first because they were all shy and didn’t really want to talk with me in English. But when I started to use Chinese they warmed up a little. And after so reporter finished interviewing me, they really warmed up to my and even started singing songs with me. It was a good time. Apparently, two other of class mates where interviewed by the report. I don’t know if we ever made it on TV. I have to look in to that.

So that is some semi-interesting stuff that has happened to me. The Gui Lin trip was filled with interesting stories. But I have to have something to talk about when I get back to the states so I will save that for when you see me.

Recently, My weekends have just been filled with going to Xi Hu and going to different parts that I have not gone to before and just exploring Hangzhou. Nothing too exciting.

Well I am out.

Shabooboo, what happened to you? Are you still alive, homie?

No comments: