Monday, December 24, 2007

Bah Humbug!

Sometimes I walk and every 15 feet I feel like I need to rub myself in a tub of Purell and/or take a shower in hot hot water. Sometimes you have these days where you look at with so much disgust and loathing, thinking thoughts of malice and violence. Not understand the cultural differences and not willing to understand them, allowing your ignorance to overwhelm all other emotions and completely absorb your rational sensibilities. It comes in a flood, a tidal wave, no a tsunami of Katrinaesque magnitude and destruction. The cultural shock is so enveloping that looking at people is hard, all you think is abhorrent criticisms and base sentiments. But something keeps me here. I don't know what it is. I don't know if it is the warm hearted people I have meet, who are kind and so friendly, or if it is the food, with it is greasy goodness. Something keeps me here and wanting to come back.

I am probably feeling this way because it is Christmas Eve and I haven't made plans yet to steal the presents of the kids of Whoville. Maybe tonight will be better. We will see what happens after work. I am trying to get all the Christmas trees.

No comments: