Monday, December 03, 2007

Textin'! It's Done w/ the Thumbs

I have a lot to write about now that I am done with the CFA exam, well, I should say that I had a lot to write about. I forgot 90% of the things I wanted to write about. But, I am sure it will come to me in the mild of the night or after my hangover goes completely away. I am at about 85% right now. Since, I can't remember what I wanted to write about I will write about the stuff I read and watched while I was supposed to be studying for the test. Before I go on, my lawyer has informed me that I need to add a disclaimer to this blog: The following content does not in anyway reflect the thoughts or the opinions of 马渡 and thirty percent of the time the content of this blog is original ninety percent of the time.

Before I continue, I need you, my viewers, help. I am afraid to report that Audrey is not doing so well. She has been laying in the corner looking kind of bilious. She just stays in her supine position with a languid approach to life. Please, her time seems short. She seems to lost her will to live, I need an answer to bring her back to me, she is my only friend, my only love in these cold dark Beijing nights.

So I read a lot of articles and watched a lot of youtube in the time when I was supposed be studying. It probably contributed to the fact that I didn't pass my test. Well that and probably the fact that I tried to cram three months of knowledge in to a three day intense study session. I mean it worked in college, why not now?, right? Come to think of it, it didn't really work that well in college. And it didn't really work that time I tried to pass the foreign service exam. Hmmm...you would think that I would learn from my mistakes. But apparently, I don't have that a ability.

Anyway, what I read in the journal, my number one source of information for the outside world (outside world meaning primarily the United States and a little of France and Belgium the latter of which will be discussed in the News Years Day issue of this blog), I read an article about Belgium beer. Ironically, it was not until I moved to China that I discovered my love for Belgium beer. Well its not really ironic or semi-ironic, I just wanted to start the sentence with that word. I like the word ironic, is sounds so funny when you say it, ironic, iiiiiiiroooooonic, ironic. Even though that is not the word I used to start the sentence I still like the word ironic, ironic. Ok, back to what I was saying. AH, Hmmmm. Yeah, Belgium beer is delicious, its like Zeus peed in a bottle and said here, enjoy the left overs of our sweet ambrosia. Its that delicious. Where is Chinese beer, which I feel like there is so no such thing as a best Chinese beer, only less worser of the worst. However, some people will say it is Qingdao that holds that category, I personally think yanjing is better. But Belgium beer is damn good. In Middlebury, my favorite beer is Otter Creek White Sail, although the Wit and Brown Ale are damn good as well. But the White Sail was my first semi introduction in to Belgium beer. The White Sail is a Belgium style lager or Belgium style something. All you need to know that its good, try it. You will not not not like it.

The Best Belgium beer is hard to say, but I might have to go with the Tripel Karmeliet, however, the Archel Tripel Blonde, the Leffe Blonde, and another that was good to but I don't remember the name but it probably had blonde and/or tripel in the title. I am realizing now, that I like blond beers. I really want to try the Westvleteren it is supposed to be the king of beers king of beers. But, unfortunately I have not been able to find it yet and going to do a city wide search this weekend and try to hunt it down.

In Beijing there are four for sure places you can get Belgium beer: Morels, the Tree, Beer Mania, and Aria. They are listed in order closest to furthest from my place. The Tree by far has the best selection, followed by Morels, Beer Mania and then Aria. But I think the Aria or the Tree have the best ambiance, but Beer Mania is nice too. The only problem with the Tree is that it is a restaurant but it has a bar too. Actually, Aria has the best ambiance, but the pizza at the Tree is probably the second best in Beijing after Kros Nest. But if you are going to get Belgium beer I recommend going to the Tree just because it has a better selection and the pizza is amazing. Not FlatBread, but how many places are as good as American FlatBread. Also here is the the thing for me though, while the Tree has good food and a good selection, it suffers from a problem that many bars and restaurants suffer. When the waiters pour beers here, they don't know wtf they are doing. I don't want that much head when I get a beer poured. You don't just turn the beer over and poor it. You got to treat it gentle use a little technique, you have to be like that one Tenacious D song. And thats what Aria does best, they actually train all their staff on how to poor a beer, when I saw their perfect technique, I almost cried and gave them a standing ovation. When you take the time to teach your staff to pour a beer, you are a quality establishment. So Aria, I give you applause, bravo sir, bravo. Anyway, Belgium beers are good. Beer is good. Life, well life is Life.

The other thing I watched was youtube. And it reminded me of the fact that I hate texting. I hate it so much. Probably, because I hate my cell phone. And the texting program on it sucks.

But when you are Beijing everybody texts. I think this is how it is done in most foreign countries. The the thing to remember when texting is to remember to keep the thumbs loose and the rest of the fingers on the phone. A many a person has lost or dropped their phone with poor technique. Also remember Bitches Love Smiley Faces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you related to Andy Rooney?