Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Introduction of My Motley Crew



My favorite part of the video is Kirk in the background picking his teeth. Oh, the things people do when they don't know they are being caught on tape. For someone who is a monomaniac, it is surprising how diverse my group of friends are and even though they are all diverse they all manage to unite to fight under a common goal of making fun of the Americans. Normally, Kip takes the brunt of the takes, kind of like a shield, and I like to think of myself as the sword, that uses my amazingly quick and brilliant wit to cut team Europe in half. But now he is gone (Damn it, Kip. You are flippin' everything up), and Team America is reduced to one. I feel like 2pac right now, Me Against the World. I don't know if you can tell from the video, but Kip is just trying to give a little friendly speech and then Team Europe goes on the attack, hatin' on my boy.




See what I have to deal with, and they sing all the time. I don't know who told them they were Destiny's Child. I am pretty sure they don't know what harmonization is. I hope they don't find this blog or they will kill me. At least they won't be able to view it in China.

Yesterday, I went to Purple Haze Bistro, not to be confused with Purple Haze. Every Wednesday, they have live Jazz. So we decide to go there for my friend's birthday. The live jazz was really good. It was a trio: base guitar, drums, electric piano. I will definitely go back, even though the food was not that good. The atmosphere and the ambiance was great, much better than the original Purple Haze. Of the Thai places I have been to so far, actually this includes my whole life, my favorite is the Pink Loft. It is actually my favorite restaurant in Beijing. I have not had anything better yet, not even close to topping the Pink Loft. Every time I got there (a whole three times, the food is always good. As far as Purple Haze, the portions are small, it is expensive, the atmosphere is not that great and well I have no and, but its just not worth going to. I think if you want to have a good time out, Purple Haze Bistro is a good look, but if you want to have good food and pretty big portions, Pink Loft is the place. The House wine we had at Purple Haze Bistro last night was really good, it was a Chilean Chardonnay. Muy Bueno. I was surprised how good it was, considering it was a house wine. But I guess my wine palate is not that sophisticated, so I don't really know what I am talking about.

And for those of you who were wondering, the food I cooked turned out great. The sauce was a little on the gravy side (too much floor), but it was still good. I like my sauces a little thick. But I have food, as long as you add cheese to anything, it will taste good (well almost anything, not my mom's liver, nothing would make the leather of a shoe taste good). I had more to say but I am too distracted with gchat. Claire and Dul have taken away too much of attention for this blog, I guess they need my superior intellect to help them plan dinner and drinks tomorrow. I don't know why plans are so hard to make.

Highlight of the Day: Hearing these little kids sing Christmas songs, I am pretty sure they were not Chinese nationals because their pronunciation was way too good. Not way too good, just too good for them to be native Chinese kids. But I guess they could have been, because they did look Asian and Asians in China generally mean native Chinese people, but that is just a gross generalization.

1 comment:

Ben said...

are these people speaking english? the only person i can understand is the other american